Sunday, September 14, 2014

A little about Lip Care

Hey all. It was my 26th birthday and I was like "gosh!! I AM AGEING, 26!!" This calls for some serious changes, especially in my life style (okay I exaggerated a bit). But then I decided to make a resolution with my each birthday from now on, starting from this year.

My first resolution this year is "More Personal Care Than Make-up". And while thinking about this,  I realised that although lipsticks have been my favourites, I have paid much less attention to my lips' health. Not just me, but majority of women know little that they need to take care of their lips too. And I am not talking about just applying a good lip balm. Seriously!!!




While doing some research for the same, I found few useful tips. Here they are:

1. Exfoliate your lips. There are number of ways how you can do so. Exfoliating will leave them smoother and make them look healthier.



Dip a plain toothbrush in petroleum jelly or Vaseline, then use it brush all the dead skin off your lips. Alternatively, mix a tablespoon of honey with enough sugar until you get a body-scrub-like texture, the scrub it across your lips with a toothbrush.
OR
Use a coconut scrub on your lips. Leave on for 5 minutes. This will reduce the amount of dead skin cells and blockage.
OR
Use warm water to add to a toothbrush and gently get rid of the dry skin.
OR
Put sugar and Vaseline on your lips then rub your lips. It will get the dead skin off.




2. Don't over-exfoliate your lips. This action, done too frequently, will strip away the natural oil leaving dry and flaky lips.

3. Avoid licking your lips.



4. Throw away cheap, smelly, flavored chapsticks. These will tempt you to constantly lick your lips.

5. Don't bite your lips. This habit will not only scrape away the protective seal formed by your lip balm, but can also cause trauma to your delicate skin.

6. If your lips do get chapped, don’t pick them. It disrupts the healing process, makes them look blotchy, and can cause bleeding.

Apart from these, there are a few other things to do as well. Like drinking plenty of water, using good branded lip products (of good quality not necessarily expensive) and our own 'wearing lip balm that has an SPF'. My favourite and regular one is Nivea strawberry fruit shine lip balm.




No comments:

Post a Comment