Sunday, February 15, 2015

I am back YET AGAIN ;)

Those of you thinking I am probably dead, I am very much alive and extremely sorry yet again to vanish for such a long time.

The reason for my absence was WEDDINGS, yes all in caps coz I am highly annoyed with it. Firstly like any other Indian sub culture, Bhopal's culture, especially when it comes to marriages, is a little painful and requires loads of hard work, not just of families involved but almost every one involved.
I attended 5 weddings and all of them had an Ubatna, Mehndi, Nashta, dance night (not traditional), Baraat, Walima (Reception) all one after one followed by days of Dawats of newly weds, which also involved the whole of Khandaa, at different intervals.
Phheeeewwwwwwwwwww.................

I am still half way through the last wedding of the season, half way coz the wedding is over but the series of daawats hasn't. And Oh I have a full time job too!!


You would understand my situation if you too are married in a HUGE family and even after 2 years of marriage do not remember the names of all your in-laws. But the good part is with all this I get to enjoy different dresses, food, music and experiment with different types of Make-up as well. Moreover my in-laws are the coolest people in the world, so I enjoy every bit of it,

Also on 8th feb, we celebrated our second wedding anniversary and Fatimah (my daughters') FIRST BIRTHDAY!!! Yippeeeeeeeee.   I wouldn't have made it if I didn't had my mom's support. Fatimah thinks she is her daughter too.. :D

 

No comments:

Post a Comment